Friday 20 April 2012

TEDx Exeter

I have been a hopeless blogger this week and that's a real shame as it has been an amazing week.

Monday was getting back into the swing of hub life for me after a week off.

Tuesday was the start of Choir for the Summer term but poor Peter was ill (which is a rare event) so we have postponed the start until next Tuesday. Peter was amazing. Despite being really ill he rang around and emailed everyone so no one turned up and was disappointed. Great job Peter.
At noon it was coffee time and crafting group with Hannah. We made corsages.






In the afternoon, Arabella had a really busy Babyccino group. A chance for new parents to meet other parents and try out slings with great advice and lots of variety. Arabella is an expert on slings and real nappies.
Then lovely Janette finished off the day with an evening of Lazy Daisy Active Birthing Classes. The great news is that Janette is starting Saturday morning couples workshops with us soon.

Wednesday started with yoga and I lead my first Walk 4 Health down to the quay and despite it being a grey day, we had a great walk and we were back for a busy coffee time and knitting group. We had a visitor from WEA who was looking for prospective venues. I need a few more signs up but then it looks like we may have more bookings.
In the evening, Tai Chi started in its Wednesday slot and I think it worked so much better than a Friday (for me anyway!). Sue Daniels (our teacher) is so excited about the up and coming World Tai Chi events at The Hub on the Green on 28th April. We are going to be using the Cathedral Green and Princesshay Square as well as the hub. Everyone is welcome to come along. The more the merrier.

Thursday was a quiet day but today was incredible. I was at TEDx Exeter at the Northcott Theatre and it was inspirational. TED are amazing at sharing their conference videos online and if you don't know about TED, I urge you to watch some of their videos. I bumped in to a doctor who used to work in the centre where we had our previous hub. He told me that he watches one TED video in bed every morning with his fiancé. I thought that was brilliant. I am going to make it my resolution to follow suit.

A big thank you to Mum and Penny for looking after the hub today and Darren for taking care of the Sustainable Health Centre. The hub had Pilates, Wriggle Rhythms and coffee time with Penny's Shillingford Organic vegetable order and collect today at coffee time.

Tonight the Brownies started at the hub. I went straight from TEDx to meet them at the hub and settle them in. They have such lovely leaders Sarah and Rachel. I grabbed my vegetables, headed to Pipers Farm for accompaniments  and now I'm home. I am looking forward to digesting the day. There was a lot to take in. It's all good.


No comments:

Post a Comment